With song titles such as "Prepare To Be Digitally Manipulated," "Heroes Get Remembered, Legends Never Die" and "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Hell"
smeared across the back cover, no one needs to tell you that this Massachusetts-based outfit is so 2003 you can barely stand it. The workaday power punk included on the actual disc isn't terribly offensive in exactly the way that a hot dog procured from the local gas station will fill you up until you hit a hip eatery to meet your lady later in the day. Trouble is, Four Year Strong is drowning in a sea of mediocrity and it sinks, second by second, deeper and deeper into mire that even the dumbest of its kind left behind years ago. These lads are smart enough to be mildly funny and perhaps they're smart enough to be mildly original as well, though you'd never know from listening to Rise Or Die Trying.
1. The Takeover
2. Prepare To Be Digitally Manipulated
3. Abandon Ship Or Abandon All Hope
4. Heroes Get Remembered, Legends Never Die
5. Wrecked 'Em? Damn Near Killed 'Em
7. Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Hell
8. Bada Bing! Wit' A Pipe!
9. Beatdown In The Hey Of Happy
10. If He's Here, Who's Runnin' Hell?
11. Maniac (R.O.D.)