This album Lion Music Presents: Antonio Vivaldi – A New Season is the third in a series of releases from Lion Music with more to follow. Commencing in 2014 the prior two recording focused on the classical composers Bach and then Mozart, and this time their focus is on the works of Vivaldi. Participating on these releases are some of Lion Music's most talented artists whom put their take on the classics. Lars Eric Mattsson is one of those displaying their nimble guitar work, and he is also the executive producer and took care of the mastering on Lion Music Presents: Antonio Vivaldi – A New Season. Vivaldi's most prominent work The Four Seasons is featured in part as well as others.
I can appreciate the talent of those whom have contributed to this recording and their heavier adaptions are impressive as have others been in the past. But I find that with the exception of the odd track like "Concerto No. 2 in G minor, Op. 8, RV 315, "L'estate": Presto" performed by Italian keyboardist Mistheria with a very appealing metal twist this kind of instrumental album just doesn't hold my interest for extended periods. So Lion Music Presents: Antonio Vivaldi – A New Season isn't one that I would rush out and purchase but if this does sound like you kind of album then certainly give these interpretations a go.
1.Mathias Holm Klarin : Flute Concerto in D Major, Op. 10, No. 3, RV 428, "II gardellino": II. Cantabile
2. Charly Sahona (Venturia): Concerto No. 4 in F minor, Op. 8, RV 297, "L'inverno", Allegro Non Molto
3. Lars Eric Mattsson : Sonata No. 1 in C major, "Il pastor fido", Giga Op. 13, No. 1, RV 54
4. Pier Gonella (Mastercastle): Concerto Op.4, No.1 in B flat major, RV 383a: Allegro
5. Ashent : Concerto in G Minor for Flute, Oboe, and Bassoon (F.XII, n.4) RV103
6. Lord of Mushrooms : Concerto No. 1 in E major, Op. 8, RV 269, "La primavera" Largo
7. Robert Rodrigo (Airless) : Flute Concerto in F Major Op. 10, No. 1, RV 433, La Tempesta Di Mare
8. Mistheria : Concerto No. 2 in G minor, Op. 8, RV 315, "L'estate": Presto
9. Patrik Carlsson : Piccolo Concerto in C maj RV442: Allegro
10. Grönholm : Concerto No. 1 in E major, Op. 8, RV 269, "La primavera" Allegro
11. Condition Red : Concerto for Two Mandolins in G major, RV 532, Andante