Ewald, Annalisa: Live at the Factory Underground
Annalisa Ewald is a classical guitarist, who at the age of 12 studied as a protégé of Sophocles Papas, a close friend and colleague of the acclaimed Spanish guitarist, Andres Segovia. Annalisa earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Classical Guitar Performance from Bard College while studying at the San Francisco Conservatory. Annalisa continued her studies with post-graduate work in the "Suzuki Method" at the Hartt School of Music and the Baroque Performance Institute at Oberlin College. Annalisa specializes in Latin American and Baroque music and also performs on period instruments.
Annalisa has won numerous awards for her solo concert series and has received praise for her performances at Caramoor, the Boston Early Music Festival, and Lincoln Center. In addition to private performances Annalisa has also performed for corporate functions including Fidelity Investments, the USTA Open, and the Pilot Pen Tennis Tournament.
Live at the Factory Underground is an excellent introduction to the virtuoso - level classical guitar playing of Ewald. This live performance in Norwalk, Connecticut's Factory Underground Studio, transformed for the night into a nightclub, is outstanding.
The album captures Ewald's talent live in front of an audience whose background ranged from rock and metal to jazz and the classical genres. What they heard was something very elegant and relaxing.
In the delivery of these soft acoustic guitar interludes, Ewald will make your day a perfect reflection of the tranquility which emanated from the Renaissance or Romantic Eras of solo guitar performance music. Her music is the perfect accompaniment to any morning in the sun relaxing with a cup of coffee and breakfast, or for dinner at night.
As a performer, Ewald has been successful in both large and small venues, like grand music halls, large corporate events, weddings and small gatherings of family and friends. If you enjoy her music enough and would like to invite her to play, you can reach her through her website address below.
This is the perfect introduction to Ewald's playing, providing the listener with the full range of her talents on some very difficult to play songs. If you like classical guitar please select some of Ewald's discography of elegant music for your finest moments of relaxation.
1. Introduction: No. 1 by Antonio Lauro
2. Soleares, for guitar (No. Matriz 803) by Flamenco Traditional
3. Farruca for guitar by Flamenco Traditional
4. Introduction by Spoken Word
5. Solea (Bulerias por Solea), for guitar by Flamenco Traditional
6. Monotonia by Rodrigo Riera
7. Por una cabeza by Carlos Gardel
8. El día que me quieras by Carlos Gardel
9. Mr Dowland's Midnight, P 99 by John Dowland
10. Les Buffons, for guitar by Guillaume Morlaye
11. Larghetto for guitar by Francisco Tarrega
12. Chorinho, for guitar by John Pearce
13. Prelúdio No. 2, for cello & piano, A. 065 by Heitor Villa-Lobos
14. Romance del Marqués de Mantua ("Dónde estás, señora mía"), song by Anonymous
15. Vals Venezolano: No. 1 by Antonio Lauro
16. Vals Venezolano: No. 2 by Antonio Lauro
Added: August 9th 2013
Reviewer: Mark Johnson
Related Link: annalisaewald.com/news/
[ Printer Friendly Page ]
[ Send to a Friend ]
[ Back to the Reviews Index | Post Comment ]
© 2004 Sea Of Tranquility
|For information regarding where to send CD promos and advertising, please see our FAQ page.|
If you have questions or comments, please Contact Us.
Please see our Policies Page for Site Usage, Privacy, and Copyright Policies.
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all other content © Sea of Tranquility
SoT is Hosted by SpeedSoft.com